2012 Pumpkin Growing Contest at Sutter Orchard Supply!
October 27th, 2012
Junior: 12 - 7 years
Intermediate: 8-12 years
Advanced: 13-17 years
Expert: 18 & Older
Contest entry forms must be submitted by October 23rd to Sutter Orchard Supply or Yuba-Sutter Farm Bureau office, 475 N. Palora Ave, Suite A, Yuba City, CA 95991. Deliver pumpkins Saturday, October 26th, to Sutter Orchard Supply, 573 Bridge Street, Yuba City. Weighing will begin promptly at 8:30 AM and will close at 11:00 AM. Any entries not checked in for weighing by 11:00 AM will be disqualified.
Prizes will be awarded in each division, in all categories for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places as well as one “Grand Prize” in the heaviest category.
Pumpkins must be grown, cared for, and entered by the weigh-off contestant.
How to Grow Giant Pumpkins
- Pumpkins must be brought in for weighing between the hours of 8:30 am to 11:00 AM.
- Each contestant is limited to one entry.
- Pumpkins that have won prizes in any other weigh-off competitions are not eligible.
- In the event of a tie, prizes will be awarded equally among the tied parties.
- Prizes will be awarded as stated above, and judges’ decisions are final.
- All pumpkins must be removed by participants, at the end of weighing and awarding of prizes. Any entries left after the contest will be disposed of.